The actual power made will depend a lot on the specification and condition of your engine.
Generally speaking an increase of about 60% is a good estimate for our side draft kit.
To give you some idea of what to expect, installing our side draft kit on a stock 1600 twin-port engine increased the output power from 50hp to 83hp when tested on the dyno. When you consider that a stock 2.0 Type 4 engine makes 71hp you can see that the kit is a worthwhile addition.
You can maximise the power gains if you make other sympathetic modifications to your engine. The following modifications will help you to make the most from your kit
- Increasing capacity. We recommend no larger than 1776, although some customers have reported good results with 1835
- Improved head work – We recommend something like the CB performance Panchito 35.5 x 40mm heads
- Proper merged collector header
- Boost referenced ignition control. We recommend using one of our crank fired distributorless ignition systems but a CB black box, MSD or similar controller will also work.
- One of our custom camshafts. – Our cams are developed specifically
for use with our supercharger kits and are available in a few different
grinds depending on your application.